The Chart of the Day belongs to Masimo (MASI). I found the medical instruments stock by using Barchart to sort today's All Time High list first by the most frequent number of new highs in the last month, then again by technical buy signals of 80% or more. Since the Trend Spotter signaled a buy on 11/08 the stock gained 25.81%.
Masimo develops innovative monitoring technologies that significantly improve patient care -- helping solve `unsolvable` problems. The company debuted Read-Through Motion and Low Perfusion pulse oximetry, known as SET, and with it substantially reduced false alarms and increased pulse oximetry's ability to detect life-threatening events. Our Masimo SET platform has significantly addressed many of the previous technology limitations, has substantially contributed to improved patient outcomes and has been referred to by several industry sources as the gold standard in pulse oximetry. Masimo has introduced Masimo Rainbow SET Pulse CO-Oximetry, which, for the first time, noninvasively monitors the level of carbon monoxide and methemoglobin in the blood, allowing early detection and treatment of potentially life-threatening conditions. Masimo has the mission of `Improving Patient Outcomes and Reducing Cost of Care by Taking Noninvasive Monitoring to New Sites and Applications.`
The status of Barchart's Opinion trading systems are listed below. Please note that the Barchart Opinion indicators are updated live during the session every 10 minutes and can therefore change during the day as the market fluctuates. The indicator numbers shown below therefore may not match what you see live on the Barchart.com web site when you read this report.
Barchart technical indicators:
- 96% technical buy signals
- Trend Spotter buy signal
- Above its 20, 50 and 100 day moving averages
- 16 new highs and up 11.85% in the last month
- Relative Strength Index 79.10%
- Technical support level at 75.63
- Recently traded at 75.83 with a 50 day moving average of 68.50
- Market Cap $3.76 billion
- P/E 45.98
- Revenue expected to grow 9.80% this year and another 6.70% next year
- Earnings estimated to increase 38.10% this year, an additional 1.90% next year and continue to compound at an annual rate of 15.06% for the next 5 years
- Wall Street analysts issued 4 buy and 2 hold recommendations on the stock