The Chart of the Day belongs to Douglas Emmett (DEI). I found the equity REIT by using Barchart to sort today's All Time High list first for the most frequent number of new high in the last month then again for technical buy signals of 80% or more. Next I used the Flipchart feature to review the charts for consistency. Since the Trend Spotter signaled a buy on 3/3 the stock gained 13.00%.
Douglas Emmett is a fully integrated, self-administered and self-managed real estate investment trust and one of the largest owners and operators of high-quality office and multifamily properties located in premier submarkets in California and Hawaii. The Company's properties are concentrated in ten submarkets Brentwood, Olympic Corridor, Century City, Santa Monica, Beverly Hills, Westwood, Sherman Oaks/Encino, Warner Center/Woodland Hills, Burbank and Honolulu. The Company focuses on owning and acquiring a substantial share of top-tier office properties and premier multifamily communities in neighborhoods that possess significant supply constraints, high-end executive housing and key lifestyle amenities.
The status of Barchart's Opinion trading systems are listed below. Please note that the Barchart Opinion indicators are updated live during the session every 10 minutes and can therefore change during the day as the market fluctuates. The indicator numbers shown below therefore may not match what you see live on the Barchart.com web site when you read this report.
Barchart technical indicators:
- 88% technical buy signals
- Trend Spotter buy signal
- Above its 20, 50 and 100 day moving averages
- 17 new highs and up 9.49% in the last month
- Relative Strength Index 74.11%
- Technical support level at 30.95
- Recently traded at 32.56 with a 50 day moving average of 29.20
- Market Cap $4.78 billion
- P/E 19.07
- Dividend yield 2.81%
- Revenue expected to grow 7.00% this year and another .60% next year
- Earnings estimated to increase at an annual ate of 6.70% this year, an additional 6.30% next year and continue to compound at an annual rate of 5.65% for the next 5 years
- Wall Street analysts are all over the map with 3 strong buy, 5 buy, 6 hold, 2 under perform and 1 sell call on the stock