The Chart of the Day belongs to Vitae Pharmaceutical (VTAE). I found the stock by using Barchart to sort the Russell 3000 Index stock for the highest technical buy signals than used the Flipchart feature to review the charts. Since the Trend Spotter signaled a buy on 11/9 the stock gained 24.13%.
Vitae Pharmaceuticals, Inc. is a clinical stage biotechnology company. It is focused on discovering and developing small molecule drugs for diseases. The Company addresses multiple disease areas including diabetes, Alzheimer's disease, autoimmune disorders, atopic dermatitis, and acute coronary syndrome. Its product candidates include VTP-34072, which is in a Phase II clinical trial for the treatment of type 2 diabetes; and VTP-37948 that is in Phase I clinical trials for Alzheimer's disease. Vitae Pharmaceuticals, Inc. is headquartered in Fort Washington, Pennsylvania.
The status of Barchart's Opinion trading systems are listed below. Please note that the Barchart Opinion indicators are updated live during the session every 10 minutes and can therefore change during the day as the market fluctuates. The indicator numbers shown below therefore may not match what you see live on the Barchart.com web site when you read this report.
Barchart technical indicators:
- 100% Barcart technical buy signals
- Trend Spotter buy signal
- Above its 20, 50 and 100 day moving averages
- 10 new highs and up 28.59% in the last month
- Relative Strength Index 71.95%
- Barchart computes a technical support level at 14.72
- Recently traded at 1682 with a 50 day moving average of 13.63
- Market Cap $367.85 million
- Revenue expected to decline 93.20% this year and another 27.10% next year
- Earnings estimated to increase 41.00% this year but decrease .50% next year
- Despite these poor projections Wall Street analysts have 4 strong buy recommendations in place