The Chart of the Day belongs to SkyWest (SKYW). I found the air transportation stock by using Barchart to sort the Russell 3000 Index stocks first for a Weighted Alpha above 50.00+ and then again for technical buy signals of 80% or better.
SkyWest, Inc., through its wholly-owned subsidiary, SkyWest Airlines, Inc. , operates one of the larger regional airlines in the United States. SkyWest provides passenger and air freight service and completes over 880 daily flights. Pursuant to a joint marketing and code sharing agreement with Delta Airlines, Inc., SkyWest operates as a Delta Connection in certain SkyWest markets. SkyWest entered into a marketing and code sharing agreement with Continental Airlines, Inc. Which allows SkyWest to operate as a Continental Connection in certain markets in and out of Los Angeles.
The status of Barchart's Opinion trading systems are listed below. Please note that the Barchart Opinion indicators are updated live during the session every 10 minutes and can therefore change during the day as the market fluctuates. The indicator numbers shown below therefore may not match what you see live on the Barchart.com web site when you read this report.
Barchart technical indicators:
- 100% Barchart technical buy signals
- 110.40+ Weighted Alpha
- Trend Spotter buy signal
- Above its 20, 50 and 100 day moving averages
- 5 new highs and up 10.69% in the last month
- Relative Strength Index 63.76%
- Barchart computes a technical support level at 17.43
- Recently traded at 19.09 with a 50 day moving average of 16.97
- Market Cap $986.57 million
- P/E 11.19
- Dividend yield .89%
- Revenue expected to decrease 5.80% this year and another 3.40% next year
- Earninings estimated to increase at an annual rate of 81.80% this year, an additional 5.00% next year but decrease an an annual rate of 18.70% for the next 5 years
- In spite of these weak projections Wall Street anlaysts have 4 strong buy and 1 hold recommendation in place