The Chart of the Day belongs to Smith & Wesson (SWHC). I found the weapons manufacturing stock by using Barchart to sort the Russell 3000 Index stocks first by the highest number of new highs in the last 20 trading session then again for technical buy signals of 80% or more. Not only is there inventory flying off the shelf but when you look at the trading volume the share are flying off the shelf too. Since the Trend Spotter signaled a buy on 11/23 the stock gained 20.31%.
Smith & Wesson Holding Corporation is one of the world's leading producers of quality handguns, law enforcement products and firearm safety and security products. Law enforcement personnel, military personnel, target shooters, hunters, collectors and firearms enthusiasts throughout the world have used the company's products with confidence for 150 years. Smith & Wesson Corp. also manufactures and markets Smith & Wesson branded handcuffs and other products utilizing its metal working expertise and providing products and services to many external customers.
The status of Barchart's Opinion trading systems are listed below. Please note that the Barchart Opinion indicators are updated live during the session every 10 minutes and can therefore change during the day as the market fluctuates. The indicator numbers shown below therefore may not match what you see live on the Barchart.com web site when you read this report.
Barchart technical indicators:
- 80% Barchart technical buy signals
- Trend Spotter buy signal
- Above ts 20, 50 and 100 day moving averages
- 14 new highs and up 25.61% in the last month
- Relative Strength Index 63.67%
- Barchart computes a technical support level at 19.25
- Recently traded at 21.96 with a 50 day moving average of 18.74
- Market Cap $1.19 billion
- P/E 19.49
- Revenue expected to grow 15.20% this year and another 5.20% next year
- Earnings estimated to increase 46.70% this year, an additional 7.60% next year and continue to compound at an annual rate of 14.00% for the next 5 years
- Wall Street analysts issued 2 strong buy, 6 buy, 1 hold and 1 under perform recommendation on the stock