The Chart of the Day is LS Starrett Co (SCX). I found the stock by sorting the New High List for frequency then used the flipchart feature to review the charts. The stock gained in 18 of the last 20 trading sessions and is beginning to be noticed.
The Company is engaged in the business of manufacturing industrial, professional, and consumer products. Much of their production is concentrated in hand measuring tools and precision instruments.
Barchart's Opinion trading systems are listed below. Please note that the Barchart Opinion indicators are updated live during the session every 10 minutes and can therefore change during the day as the market fluctuates. The indicator numbers shown below therefore may not match what you see live on the Barchart.com web site when you read this report.
Barchart technical indicators:
- 96% Barchart technical buy signals
- Trend Spotter buy signal
- Above its 20, 50 and 100 day moving averages
- 18 new highs and up 8.04% in the last month
- Relative Strength Index 66.64%
- Barchart computes a technical support level at 11.89
- Recently traded at 12.10 with a 50 day moving average of 11.37
- Market Cap $83.61 million
- Dividend yield 3.29%
- At the present no Wall Street analysts are following the stock but in Motley Fool the readers that are following the stock voted 101 to 4 that the stock will beat the market
- Financial Strength is C++