Xcel Energy (XEL) is today's Chart of the Day. YTD it gained 12.95% and during the last month advanced 6 times for a 3.22% gain. The stock has a 100% Barchart technical signal as well as a Trend Spotter buy .
Today's Chart of the Day is Xcel Energy (XEL) which I found by sorting the New High list for frequency and flipping through the charts. With both a Trend Spotter buy and a 100% Barchart technical buy signal the stock deserves your attention. 6 new highs and up 3.22% in the last month.
The Company is predominantly an operating public utility engaged in the generation, transmission and distribution of electricity and the transportation, storage and distribution of natural gas.
Barchart's Opinion trading systems are listed below. Please note that the Barchart Opinion indicators are updated live during the session every 10 minutes and can therefore change during the day as the market fluctuates. The indicator numbers shown below therefore may not match what you see live on the Barchart.com web site when you read this report.
Barchart technical indicators:
- 100% Barchart technical buy signal
- Trend Spotter buy signal
- Above its 20, 50 and 100 day moving averages
- 6 new highs and up 3.22% in the last month
- Relative Strength Index 74.54%
- Barchart computes a technical support level at 29.72
- Recently traded at 30.19 with a 50 day moving average of 28.54
- Market Cap - $14.73 billion
- P/E 16.30
- Dividend yield 3.62%
- Revenue expected to grow 7.00% this year and another 3.40% next year
- Earnings estimated to increase 4.40% this year, an additional 4.70% next year and continue to increase at an annual rate of 5.12% for the next 5 years
- Analysts released 2 strong buy, 1 buy and 12 hold recommendations
- Financial strength B++