Affymetrix (AFFX) is today's Chart of the Day. I found the stock at the top of the Barchart New High list when I sorted for frequency. Since the Trend Spotter signaled a buy on 1/8 the stock is up 27.50%.
The Chart of the Day is Affymetrix (AFFX). I found the stock by sorting the Barchart New High list of stocks trading over 100K shares a day and then sorted for frequency. Next flip through the charts using the flipchart tab. The stock hit 15 new highs and is up 22.73% in just the past month. The Trend Spotter also triggered a buy signal on 1/8 and the stock is up 27.50% from that point.
The Company's technology is used by pharmaceutical, diagnostic and biotechnology companies as well as academic, government and not-for-profit research institutes.
Barchart's Opinion trading systems are listed below. Please note that the Barchart Opinion indicators are updated live during the session every 10 minutes and can therefore change during the day as the market fluctuates. The indicator numbers shown below therefore may not match what you see live on the Barchart.com web site when you read this report.
Barchart technical indicators:
- 96% Barchart technical buy signals
- Trend Spotter buy signal
- Above its 20, 50 and 100 day moving averages
- 15 new highs and up 22.73% in the last month
- Relative Strength Index 78.62%
- Barchart computes a technical support level at 4.19
- Recently traded at 4.58 with a 50 day moving average of 3.84
- Market Cap $324.47 million
- Revenue projected to increase by 12.40% this year and another 1.70% next year
- Earnings are estimated to increase by 170.00% this year, an additional 85.70% next year, and continue to increase annually at a rate of 33.00% for the next 5 years
- Analysts issued 1 strong buy, 7 hold and 2 sell recommendations
- Financial Strength C+