Monday, February 11, 2013

Warren Buffett Challenge Update 2/11

At the beginning of the year I voiced my premise that anyone using the proper tools, discipline and common sense could not only beat the market but most professional investors as well.  To test my premise I picked 3 of my model Marketocracy portfolios and decided to track them against the market (S & P 500 Index) and Warren Buffett's Berkshire Hathaway Cl A (BRK.A) over the coming year.

Here's my progress report as of  today.

S & P 500

  • YTD - 6.64%
  • 1 year - 14.85%
  • YTD - 9.19%
  • 1 year - 22.51%
Barchart Van Meerten New High (VMNHI)
  • YTD - 10.43%
  • 1 year - 23.99%
Barchart Van Meerten Speculative (VMSPC)
  • YTD - 10.81%
  • 1 year - 35.64%
Barchart Van Meerten Small cap (VMVLS)
  • YTD - 18.94%
  • 1 year - 37.06%
Summary - This week all 3 of my portfolios are not only beating the S & P 500 Index but also Warren Buffet's Berkshire Hathaway Cl A (BRK.A) for both periods.

Details of the portfolios can be viewed on Barchart Stock Picks.

No comments:

Post a Comment