Saturday, January 26, 2013

Warren Buffett Challenge 1/26

You all know that for some time I've been associated with both Barchart and Marketocracy, 2 sites dedicated to the premise that any individual investor using common sense and the right tools not only can beat the market but most professional mutual fund managers as well.

To prove the point , this year I decided to take 3 of  my model portfolios and compare their progress through the year to both The S & P 500 Stock Index and Warren Buffett's Berkshire Hathaway (BRK.A).

Here is the first report

S & P 500 Index:
  •  YTD return 5.48%
  • 12 month return 16.59%
  • YTD return 9.78%
  • 12 month return 22.60%
  • YTD return 9.19%
  • 12 month return 22.28%
  • YTD return 6.91%
  • 12 month return 30.76%
  • YTD return 13.56%
  • 12 month return 30.42%
Conclusion:  Warren and I both beat the market not only YTD but for the last year also.  In the YTD race I beat Warren in 2 of the 3 model portfolios and in the 12 month race I also beat him in 2 out of 3 portfolios.

You can follow the actual portfolios on my daily column on Barchart Stocks Picks and Marketocracy

No comments:

Post a Comment