Friday, December 31, 2010

RF Micro Devices -- RFMD -- Sell signal

This morning I deleted RF Micro Devices (RFMD) from the Barchart Van Meerten Speculative Portfolio.  When I decide to sell a stock there is no magic rule but if a stock has a Barchart short term sell signal and is trading below its 20 day moving average I put it immediately on my sell watch list.  I then look at other momentum factors and when there are fewer pros than cons I pull the trigger.  Here's what I found:

  • 40% Barchart short term sell signal
  • Trading this morning below its 20 day moving average
  • Off 7.26% from its recent high
  • Relative Strength Index is below 50% at 45.62% and dropping
The last thing I did was to look at the chart.  My default chart is the price plus the 20, 50 and 100 daily moving averages and Trend Spotter (tm).  I just change that to an hourly chart and see where its heading.  At the moment I pulled the trigger it was trading below its 20,50 and 100 hourly moving averages and below the hourly Trend Spotter (tm).


Jim Van Meerten is an advisor to Marketocracy Capital Management who uses his model portfolios not only to manage their mutual funds but also their clients Separately Managed Accounts. You can read his blogs about those model portfolios and investing here and on Barchart Portfolio Blogs. Please leave a comment below or email JimVanMeerten@gmail.com.

Disclosure: Jim Van Meerten through Marketocracy Capital Management has an interest in the stocks mentioned in this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment