Monday, March 8, 2010

When the truth is not on his side Timothy Sykes makes up lies. He panders to the same audience as Howard Stern and Jerry Springer. He knows that my postings were not taken down because of his threats of law suits. I took them down voluntarily because he and his followers flooded the sites with juvenile, abusive and in most cases obscene comments. Comment moderation filters are now in place.

I thank all of you who shared with me how you have been victims of Timothy Sykes and his cyber bully techniques.

I leave you with these links to ponder:

Timothy Sykes

Hedge Funder Timothy Sykes Bombs out on Wall Street

Somewhere a village is missing their idiot and I think I know where he can be found -- if they even want to.

Jim Van Meerten

2 comments:

  1. Jim, why don't you put it back on this blog. The freedom of speech protects you from anything. Just ban certain words in comments. Personally, I would like to read your opinion on Sykes that I missed. Eugene.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jim-

    My name is Nigel (HawaiiTrader), and I trade for a living from Honolulu. I came across the 'talk-show-bizzaro' AKA Disciplined Investor Podcast (which I love dearly, always have), and I must say that I have incredible respect for you and you circumstance. You don't need to convince ANYONE, the people who operate with intelligence, empathy, compassion, and most of all a BRAIN, understand how asinine Tim Sykes is. He knows it as well, but plays these things up for 1) traffic/sales and 2) because I truly believe karma has never bitten him in life. Or shall I say; it will, as unfathomable as it may be, require a MUCH LARGER smack in the face from karma than Tim received when his hedge fund literally imploded, in order for him to learn any of life's most valuable lessons. To you I say hat-tip, and well done. You eloquently stood your ground, were honest, and when Tim took things too far again and again, you were there to remind him of both his failure of character and of managing money, but most importantly his failure as a responsible, empathetic, and respectable human being. I cannot imagine that Andrew feels any different. I actually wrote Andrew a few days back and expressed how incredibly disappointed I was that he allowed that to take place, but mostly that he continues to give Tim a forum to abuse people and mouth off. But that's neither here nor there. I wish you the best...
    Regards,
    Nigel (HawaiiTrader)

    ReplyDelete