Monday, October 5, 2009

Deletions to model portfolios

Last week the market was down a little and a few of my holdings tracked below their 50 Day Moving Average and didn't look like they would recover so we trimmed them out. BarChart links included below. The changes are :

Sold all these positions:
S&P 500 Fund -- Fiserv Inc FISV
S&P 400 Fund -- Dycom Ind DY, Temple Inland TIN
S&P 600 Fund -- Arris Group ARRS
New High Fund -- Amer Electric Power AEP
Strategy Lab Fund -- Clearwater Paper CLW

No Changes to the Short Fund - big surprise???

Since the Value Line Index was down 3 straight days in a row last week and is trending below its 20 DMA I won't replace any positions until I see it trending above its 20 DMA again. If today is another down day I will add some short positions to my Short Fund.

Jim Van Meerten is an investor who give financial opinions on Financial Tides, MSN Top Stock Blog and Seeking Alpha. Please give your comments below or email Financialtides@gmail.com.


Disclosure: I do not hold positions in any of the stocks mentioned in this posting.

No comments:

Post a Comment