Tuesday, September 15, 2009

CNBC Blah! Blah! Blah!

Is it just me or does CNBC give you a headache too??? I thought when I became a full time investor I'd enjoy watching TV while I researched investments on BarChart and blogged but CNBC is ridiculous! I have to turn it off to concentrate.

The guest just yell at each other, cut off others before they can express their views and are so rude that half the time I get nothing out of the discussion - and I use the term "discussion" loosely! More like a brouhaha!

Larry Kudlow is the worst among them. He wouldn't have lasted 10 minutes in Mrs. Tyson's 7th grade English class. I could hear her now: "Larry Kudlow, you didn't raise your hand. You shut your mouth and don't interrupt others. One more word out of your mouth and I'll rap your knuckles with a ruler and put you in the corner. Just keep it up young man and you'll be down in Dean Beal's office and your fannie will feel the rath of his paddle. Now do you understand me? Your rudeness reflects on your parents and your poor upbringing!"

Larry Kudlow does not know the meaning of civil discourse. He must have never taken a debating class or he'd know there are rules to follow.

Today on Street Signs, Erin Burnett totally lost control of two professors or think tank guru's. I got nothing out of their rude and obnoxious yelling. I went to look at the replay video but even the directors of the program thought the clip had no value and didn't post it.

Fast Money in no better. BLAH! BLAH! BLAH!

What about Mad Money and Jim Cramer??? I never thought I'd say this but Jim Cramer is the most civilized person on CNBC. He may yell and scream but never at a guest. He asks questions, lets the guest fully answer, listens and then asks meaningful follow-up questions?

You can join my protest and put CNBC on MUTE. Sit down and read my blogs, or your favorite blogs of others. Read a good book on investing and learn something, uninterrupted.

Read the blogs, try to understand the authors points, if you disagree, type off a well thought out and polite comment and save your sanity.

Bloggers unite in civil discourse.

Please give me your comments below or pen off a reply to me at FinancialTides@gmail.com

4 comments:

  1. Jim, maybe you should try FOX Business News or Fox News networks. Of course, some of them get crazy too and interupt each other!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Westerners have come along way. it used to be that people with differing opinions would duel to the death with pistols.

    raised voices for a 60 second time limit on programming such as CNBC and the like are quite mild.

    it's all entertainment meant to keep you watching thru the commercials.


    -Bob Dobb

    ReplyDelete
  3. I couldn't agree with you more about Mr. Kudlow... rude and because he presents himself as a Harvard grad gives him the clout to do so. Maybe mr. Kudlow should not have any guests since he doesn't debate but rather interupts and states his opinion and gets the final say... rude and obnoxious plain and simple... like a politician that thinks that he has a large
    following... likes to hear himself talk and control others. Unfortunately regardless of party or investment strategy tese people like to control and bully their opinions and beliefs.

    On the other hand Mr. Van Meerten you are very even keeled and represent a broader spectrum. Good luck to you with your blog site... Thanks for the heads up.

    DU in MT

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want info not volume from my talking heads

    ReplyDelete